- 32.5 hours over 5 days per week
- £18,065 pro rata
- Closing date: 14th August 2020
- Interviews: w/c 17th August 2020
About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a Pastoral Assistant to support the Inclusion Team of a rapidly improving Junior School located in the lovely town of Eastbourne.
Whilst the school is currently in the Ofsted category of Special Measures, there has been significant improvement to the children’s attitudes to learning and their behaviour, the curriculum offer and capacity of leadership for improvement in recent months.
Stafford Junior School is part of the Roselands & Stafford Federation which has been in place since September 2015. The Federation is currently working in partnership with Cavendish Learning Trust (CLT) and this partnership includes leadership from the Executive Headteacher of Cavendish Primary. Stafford Junior will become part of CLT as a sponsored academy in the near future.
We are seeking a resilient, robust and positive individual to join our fantastic team at Stafford Junior School as a Pastoral Assistant working as a part of our Inclusion team.
The role involves working with individuals and small groups of children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. The strategies and activities supported by the successful applicant will allow the children to build their own resilience and abilities to self-manage their emotional state and behaviour. These pupils may have complex emotional and behavioural needs that must be carefully managed, and experience of working with these kinds of learners would be desirable.
Ideal candidates will:
- demonstrate an ability to be flexible in their approach;
- be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly;
- be prepared to use a range of strategies for coping with sometimes challenging situations;
- guide the pupils’ learning towards independence;
- be committed to our aim for everyone to be the best they can be;
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The work is highly rewarding and the successful candidate would be supported by the Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion as well as other members of the Inclusion Team.
Applications made by CV will not be accepted
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org